The contest is open to all photographers from around the world. Entry fee for participation in the contests is set at:
- from an entrant residing in the Czech Republic - CZK 200.00;
- from an entrant residing in the EuroZone - EUR 10.00;
- from an entrant from any other country - $12.00 or EUR 10.00.
and it should be paid in one of the following forms:
- in cash, in a registered insured letter mailed to the Organizer's address, together with the entrant's identifying mark (alias/artistic pseudonym);
- under the PayPal system - addressed to email@example.com. In the case of payments made via PayPal, the entry fee is set at $13.50, or EUR 11.00.
In the case of PayPal payment, the fee should be paid at a time allowing the entrant to enclose receipt confirmation with the works being sent. If paid in cash, the fee can be sent together with the photographs
The entry fee is non-refundable.
Persons wishing to participate in the contest, and residing in countries which limit the possibilities for international payments, are kindly requested to contact the Organizer, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest does not have a specific theme - photographs of any subject may be sent, as long as they were made with a pinhole camera. The works may be in no way digitally modified, with the exception of developing RAW files, adjusting the levels and framing, no photomontage is allowed, multiple exposure is allowed, prints or printouts, both black-and-white and color, shall be accepted in any given format consistent with the author's concept, provided that the following conditions are met:
- the shorter side not less than 20 cm,
- the longer side does not exceed 60 cm.
The works may not be matted or framed, the submitted photographs should be properly secured from damage or destruction, attention: no works in digital form shall be accepted!
All photographs submitted for the Contest, complying with the Rules, shall be judged by the Jury which shall consist of:
Jiří Siostrzonek; doctor of philosophy, lecturer of history of art, moviemaking, basic of sociology and psychology of the art at the Creative Photography Institute of the Silesian University in Opava;
Witold Englender; AFIAP, awarded with silver medal for Merits for the Polish Photography, honorary member of the Artists' Association PhotoClub of Poland (Stowarzyszenie Twórców Fotoklub Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej), co-organizer of the Polish Festival of Pinhole Photography OFFO, manages the Ciasna Gallery in Jastrzebie-Zdroj;
Justyna Komar; Organizer of the Contest, editor-in-chief of the Fotografia Otworkowa (Pinhole Photography) website, photographer, master in philosophy, ethicist, graduate of the Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, completed post-graduate studies in 2D computer graphics at the Institute of Arts at the Silesian University, branch in Cieszyn; member of the Mazovia Photographic Society and the Cieszyn Photographic Society, co-author of the book My digital camera and I;
Cezary Dybowski; editor-in-chief of the Slow Photography website, an experienced photographer, founder of the Mazovia Photographic Society and of the Polish Photographic Publishing House; an animator of the photographic movement in Poland and educator in photographic art, primarily via the Internet, runs photography courses.
Prizes and awards in the Contest:
- the Main Prize Winner will receive the Omfman 612m pinhole camera;
- 5 honorable mentions - albums with pinhole photograps by Ryszard Kaczmarski, Dotyk światła (Touch of Light);
- in addition, the Jury shall select works which will be presented during the Contest exposition and included in the catalogue.
The period for delivery of works commences on 15 May 2011 and ends on 15 June 2011. The date of actual delivery is binding, the postmark date shall not be considered. The session of the Jury, meant to select the Contest winners, shall be held on 2nd July 2011. Results of the Contest: no later then 10 July 2011.
Works should be delivered to the addresse:
UP Bielsko-Biala 1
This abbreviated version of the Contest Rules is published solely for information purposes. The full version of the Rules is binding.
- The period for delivery of works commences on 15 May 2011 and ends on 15 June 2011;
- The date of actual delivery is binding, the postmark date shall not be considered;
- The session of the Jury, meant to select the Contest winners, shall be held on 2nd July 2011;
- Results of the Contest: no later then 10 July 2011.
Users of the Fotografia Otworkowa website come from various countries all over the world. Information about The Contest will be also published at WPPD website
WPPD is held once a year - in 2011, the date is 24 of April. It takes place regularly, on an annual basis, since 2001. About 3500 pinhole pictures had been published in 2010 at WPPD exibition site, on the assumption one author - one picture. 236 of them were from Poland.